Minaj is popular for her animated rapping style and unique flow. She has a distinctive ability to play with speed, and tempo with punch lines, metaphors, and wordplay. Her personal saying is filled with motivation for all those who are oppressed or suppressed by societal or cultural discrimination. Here we will discuss some of the inspirational Nicki Minaj quotes.
Minaj is quoted as a rapid evolver who can adapt to new trends in style. She uses phrases and words with her unique style in such a way that connects to the fans. Her biggest influence is Jay Z, Fony Brown, and Lil Wayne.
Table of Contents
Nicki Minaj’s real name is Onika Tanya Maraj, and born on December 8, 1992, to Robert Maraj and Carol Maharaj. She had a troubled childhood as her father was a drug addict with a violent temper.
Nicki Minaj and her brother stayed with their grandmother back home. Carol Maraj came to America looking for opportunities to settle. She got the green card at the age of 24 and called Nicki and her brother Jalani to stay with their father in the Bronx.
Nicki Minaj struggled her way to fame through many difficulties, criticism, skin color, and height discrimination. She enrolled herself at Fiorella H. LaGuardia High School of Music and Art and Performing Artist.
At the age of 19, she was doing many jobs and was being fired from almost 15 different jobs. She signed for the Brooklyn group Full Force in 2004 and recorded the entrance song for WWE Diva Victoria.
Nicki Minaj released her mixtape in 2007 titled “Playtime Is Over,” simultaneously releasing “Sucka Free,” in 2008 and “Beam Me Up Scotty” in 2009 which went trending on BET and MTV.
In October 2010, Minaj was featured in Kanye West’s “Monsters.” Her verses on the song are listed as the top verses in rap songs of the past five years. She was the first female rapper artist to perform in Yankee Stadium.
Pink Friday was the biggest breakthrough in her carrier. The first song debuted at number two, later going to the top of the Billboard 200 with almost 400,000 copies sold in the first week.
All the singles from the album were hit and commercially successful. “Super Bass,” is the fifth single from her album which was the highest-charting solo single by a female rapper since 2002.
Nicki Minaj is involved in charity and donations to students and Project Angel Food for people affected by HIV and AIDS. She donated $ 25,000 to the “St. Judes Homes For Girls,” in her native country Trinidad.
Nicki Minaj Records
In 2014, Anaconda was released going to the top of the Billboard Hot 100. The music video went viral with 19.4 million views in a single day. In 2017 she broke the record for most Billboard 100 entries for a female artist.
Pink Friday has the highest sales a week for female rap albums of the century. In 2017 Minaj was featured in Jason Derulo’s “Swalla,” which entered the top ten charts internationally and number six in the UK.
Nicki Minaj Platinum Certified Records
Pink Friday album was certified platinum in December 2010. The single from the album “Super Bass.” was certified platinum in the US. “Swish Swish,” was also certified platinum in US and Canada- a song by Katty Perry featuring Nicki Minaj.
Minaj’s Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded was released in April 2012 debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 and was certified platinum by the RIAA in June.
Nicki Minaj Quotes
Nicki Minaj is one of the most successful rapper artists. She is the role model and source of inspiration for those who are suffering from various obligations in their life leading them to depression.
Here are some of the quotes from Nicki Minaj which will motivate and inspire you to go for your dreams.
Motivational Quotes From Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj has faced many ups and downs in her life. Her fame is the result of those difficult times which taught her to endure and always look up to “Who you are” and “What you want?”
Here are some of Nicki Minaj’s quotes for motivation.
1. “You should never feel afraid to become a piece of art. It’s exhilarating.”
2. “Defend my honor and protect my pride the good advice i always hated but looking back it made me greater .. u make me laugh u make me hoarse from yelling at you and getting at u ..”
3. “You gave me strength gave me hope for a lifetime.”
4. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.”
5. “I want people – especially young girls – to know that in life, nothing is going to be based on sex appeal. You’ve got to have something else to go with that.”
6. “My advice to women in general: Even if you’re doing a nine-to-five job, treat yourself like a boss. Not arrogant, but be sure of what you want – and don’t allow people to run anything for you without your knowledge.”
7. “I want to show little girls that the possibilities are endless. That’s my goal – to not only do it for myself but to show them I can do whatever I put my mind to.”
8. “As a little girl growing up in Southside Jamaica Queens, if anyone would’ve told me I’d have my own perfume one day, and be able to inspire young black girls everywhere, to go into Macy’s or Nordstrom’s and see their face staring back at them – I wouldn’t believe them.”
9. “You like me, you don’t like me, you love me, you hate me. I am gonna be me, but one thing I have to back it up is skills.”
10. “I’m very proud of my team, and the way they stood behind me – and “I’m very happy to show my female fans in that audience, and even my gay fans in that audience.”
Also Read Motivational Manifestation Quotes!
Nicki Minaj Quotes About Success
Nicki Minaj is the brand and a popular name in the hip hop culture with millions of followers. She had faced every criticism with a hard stand and never sigh away from those controversies.
She is the role model of the many upcoming and wanna-be young black female and male rappers. Here are some of the quotes from Nicki Minaj about success.
11. “Refuse to lose, refuse to be defeated, refuse to have regrets.”
12. “Sometimes I want to just pull the off switch, but you can’t because if you go outside, you have to give people your all. You can’t say, ‘Oh, you know what? I’m not feeling good today.’ No. No one’s trying to hear that. When a woman comes up to you and says, ‘Hey, my daughter’s your biggest fan. “Can we have a picture?’ – you can’t say no.”
13. “I think most artists will experience a lot of negative people on Twitter but, thank God, I’ve got so many followers that I’m not able to see them that much. I’ll see some from time to time but, for the most part, I always focus on something good.”
14. “People face difficulties, no matter who you are. I faced difficulties with a lot of things. I face opposition every day, but I didn’t kill myself, and now, thank God, I’m here.”
15. “You have to know that as long as you love who you are – your morals, your values, that type of stuff – you’re OK.”
16. “But, by just being myself, I end up touching a lot more people who might never have paid much attention to a female rapper.”
17. “My goal in the beginning was to buy my mother a house. Now I realize, okay, if I really focus and become a key player in the business, then I can build an empire.”
18. “You wanna know what scares people? Success. When you don’t make moves and when you don’t climb up the ladder, everybody loves you because you’re not competition.”
Also Read Nipsey Hussle Quotes On Success!
Motivational Nicki Minaj Quotes
19. “I’ve always had this female-empowerment thing in the back of my mind – because I wanted my mother to be stronger, and she couldn’t be.”
20. “These B***hes Couldn’t Test Me Even If Their Name Was Pop Quiz.”
21. “I can rap in a London accent, make weird faces, wear spandex, wigs, and black lipstick. I can be more creative than the average male rapper.”
22. “Like to me, I did the ‘Harajuku’ stuff. I did the crazy stuff. And now I kind of want to tone that back, and it’s not toning my personality back, it’s just showing like I don’t only have to do that.”
23. “Female rappers get it the hardest. You have to be a girl, yet you have to be just as hard as the guys. I think some female rappers get scared out of the business before they can make it.”
24. “I happen to be a pessimist, and maybe that’s a good thing because I don’t stop to smell the roses – which is not a good personal thing. I don’t stop and enjoy those moments… Always on to the next and never in the moment.”
25. “You can hate me, but why knock my hustle? I’ma be the queen, no matter how they shuffle.”
26. “Don’t chase the boys. Don’t depend on anybody. Do your thing.”
27. “I want to build my empire. In my field, I have always seen men do it. From Diddy to Dr. Dre to Jay Z. Now it’s a woman’s turn.”
28. “True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know you are great, you have no need to hate.”
29. “If you don’t take control of your career, guess what? You’ll be stuck in the sunset watching the sunrise.”
Nicki Minaj Quotes On Life
30. “I think a child may be the only thing that could give me true happiness.”
31. “Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye, but regrets can last for a lifetime.”
32. “It’s not hard to get your way when it’s your way or the highway. People either follow suit or they’re not around. I don’t really like the sound of that, ’cause that sounds like a temper tantrum. I’m just very black and white when it comes to my business. There’s really no gray area.”
33. “My best and worst ‘Idol’ moments? I don’t have a worst ‘Idol’ moment… “I’ve been spectacular. Yes, I am going to toot my own horn. And then my best moment is every single moment. I’ll toot it again!”
34. “My happiness doesn’t come from money or fame. My happiness comes from seeing life without struggle.”
35. “Beauty might bring happiness, but happiness always brings beauty.”
36. “I put God first and do not allow other things to cloud my vision.” – Nicki Minaj.”
37. “Only one chance one bullet in the gun. This is my life and I only got one, yeah. The safety’s off and I put on her. Oh stick ‘em up, stick ‘em up. Ready to shoot.”
38. “But had I accepted the pickle juice, I would be drinking pickle juice right now.”
39. “I’m thinking of a legacy that I can be proud of and wealth that my grandchildren can use to go to college. So world domination – in terms of providing for my family – is absolutely my goal.”
Explore Further With Johny Cash Quotes About Life!
Nicki Minaj Quotes On Love
40. “No one will ever accept anything. I think the goal is to not want anyone’s acceptance.”
41. “You don’t have to feel the need to put somebody down to make yourself feel better.”
42. “I don’t know if the secret of life is to find love, but I do think one of the secrets of life is to embody love.”
43. “When a good girl’s gone, she’s gone forever.”
44. “People will love you and support you when it’s beneficial.”
45. “Strange how someone you once loved can become just another person you once knew.”
46. “I’m very protective of my heart.”
47. “We all have insecurities, but you have to know you’re beautiful.”
Also read Romantic Love Quotes!
Famous Quotes From Nicki Minaj
48. “You can be the king, but watch the queen conquer.”
49. “Excuse me. You’re a hell of a guy. You know I got a thing for American guys.”
50. “Screw your flaws. You’re perfect in my eyes.”
51. “I should’ve known from day one I couldn’t trust you.”
52. Who doesn’t love Enya? Whenever I’m in a trying time, she is the calm in the middle of the storm. If I put her on, I’ll be in this crazy peaceful state.”
53. “Tell me that you comin’ back and you just took a break. Maybe I blamed you for everything, that was my mistake. In hindsight, I loved your rawness and I loved your edge. ‘Cause, it was you who talked me down from jumping off the ledge.”
54. “I love her style. And her harmonies are freaking genius.”
55. “Anyway, I think I met him sometime before, in a different life or where I record. I mean he was Adam, I think I was Eve, but my vision ends with the apple on the tree.”
Nicki Minaj Quotes On Fake Friends
56. “I feel like my entire career and life have been judged by people who did not really know me. I definitely think that they probably were right to assume what they had assumed about me because there was such little to go on out there.”
57. “I went through a lot of bullying early on. Girls made my life a living hell. We had come to America from a different country. My brother and I had accents. It was very tough.”
58. “I vowed that I’d never allow any man to control me or to be an alcoholic or anything like that around me, because I don’t want my children seeing that.”
Nicki Minaj Quotes On Fashion
59. “I hate formal stuff. I love looking like a doll and all that stuff and playing dress-up, but when I’m home, sweat pants, t-shirt. When I’m in the studio, sweat pants, t-shirt.”
60. “Everyone knows I’m a lash girl by now. When I don’t have my lashes, I feel naked.”
61. “I think sometimes the fashion world isn’t even about clothes anymore; it’s about this ‘in’ crowd, and I’m not into that.”
62. “Lavender is the new pink. I’ll never stop wearing pink but I wanted to venture out.”
63. “If I’m traveling, I’ll pack socks in my bag – really cute furry ones.”
64. “I can’t see myself without pink lipstick. I can go without it for a couple of days, but if there was no more pink lipstick in the world, I’d be useless. Seriously.”
65. “I’ve constantly tried new things, even as a child, and have always been obsessed with pink. Now I’m just a little more ladylike and fearless. You should never feel afraid to become a piece of art. It’s exhilarating.”
66. “I don’t want a wig that looks like a wig; I want one that could pass for a weave.”
67. “When people see my makeup, they think all types of crazy things that I’m doing to my skin, but it’s makeup. It’s the weirdest thing. They’ll see contouring and think you had surgery on your nose. No. No. No. Look at ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ and you’ll see… you can make your nose look… whatever shape you want it.”
68. “When I was younger I didn’t have much financially like we couldn’t afford a lot of stuff and I remember seeing little girls’ rooms on TV and they’d all be pink. I didn’t have my own room, I shared with my brother, so I would have this daydream and imagine that one day I could have my own room and it would all be pink, like Cinderella’s.”
Nicki Minaj Quotes On Music
One of the first production deals I signed, the guy wanted my name to be Minaj and I fought him tooth and nail. But he convinced me. I’ve always hated it.”
69. “I’ve gotten tons of awards and I believe when it’s my time to get a Grammy, I’ll get a Grammy.”
70. “I look at rap as an opportunity to act. My head is full of different characters – in each song I’m auditioning a character.”
71. “The animated bug has bitten pop culture. It makes me feel happy and free. When you don’t act seriously, you can make up your own rules.”
72. “I don’t want children cursing. I’m very strict on my nieces and my little brother. They have to listen to clean versions of music. Even my music.”
73. “People always want to talk about who I was, but I’ve always been singing, always been experimenting with pop music.”
74. “I’m just happy that ‘Idol’ producers gave me a shot on the show and to be able to show who I really was because I feel like I’m every single woman.”
75. “I hate cameras. I hate cameras and I hate camera phones. The camera’s my worst enemy and my best friend. It’s the way I convey my emotions to the world without saying a word, so I use it. People always say, ‘You come alive as soon as the camera’s on!'”
76. “I will not let anyone scare me out of my full potential.”
77. “Keep trying, as if it’s your first day on the job. That’s how I think of it. When it comes to creating, I always feel like, wait a minute, I can’t take any shortcuts.”
78. “I feel like when I reach my 500-million-dollar goal, then no other woman in rap will ever feel like they can’t do what these men have done.”
Nicki Minaj Quotes On Media
79. “I’m a role model now. I didn’t know I was gonna have 13-year-old fans, so I’ve tried to change a few things here and there. But I also know that the girls don’t want me to be Miley Cyrus, either.”
80. “I cannot hold a grudge against Mariah Carey. What people don’t understand is that I’ve looked up to her for so many years.”
81. “I say nice things about Mariah all the time. I tell Mariah all the time how much of a fan I am of her. She’s one of my favorite artists of all time… She’s shaped a generation of singers.”
82. “My goal the whole time has been for people to see me as a stand-alone artist. I came out with Young Money, the biggest hip-hop label in the world at the time. And then it was, ‘How do I branch away from Lil Wayne?'”
83. “I think one of the things I was shocked about was how interested the world is in ‘American Idol’ and how people, writers, they write about ‘Idol’ all the time, and I guess I didn’t expect that.”
84. “I’m a rapper… Gaga’s a fantastic artist, you know, she paved her way. She’s opened her own lane. But I think that I have my own lane. And we never cross. Ever. So, you know, I really don’t get the comparison anymore. Our music doesn’t sound the same. Our stage presence is not the same. I just can’t see the similarities.”
85. “My rule is, whatever you were calling me four years ago is what you should be calling me now, because I don’t like it when my family or close friends call me Nicki Minaj. To me I’m not Nicki Minaj when I’m with them.”
Quotes From Nicki Minaj For Haters
86. “I know right now she has no idea who I am, but I’d like to collaborate with Enya one day. Of course I’d love to work with Jay-Z, maybe even Phil Collins. I love his voice.”
87. “Shoutout to my haters, sorry that you couldn’t phase me.”
88. “I truly believe my haters are my motivators.”
89. “I don’t have to do things just to please people. It’s okay to do what I love because what I love, my fans love. And they’re really the only ones that should matter.”
90. “Respect your haters. They’re the only ones who think you’re better than them.”
91. “The people that are inclined to hate are also inclined to be losers.”
92. “All these haters are mad because I’m so established.”
93. “Love it or hate it, this is me, and this is who I am.”
94. “Haters, I’m not your enemy I’m your hero. Cheer up, you should be happy I’m here”
Nicki Minaj Lyrics Quotes
95. “I’m in my own lane, you ain’t in my category.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘HOV Lane’
96. “I’m throwing shade like it’s sunny.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘I’m Throwing Shade Like It’s Sunny ’
97. “You couldn’t get a fan if it was hanging from the ceiling.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘I’m Out’
98. “Please, you can never compare to me. I am who they couldn’t even dare to be.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘No Entry’
99. “I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive. I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise, to fly.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘Fly’
100. “Cause tonight I’m making deals with the Devil and I know it’s gonna get me in trouble.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘Side To Side’
101. “I don’t really want no friends.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘FEFE’
102. “You should let the other day you let me beg for you to stay.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘Fire Burns’
103. “I have given my all catch me, catch me I think I am gonna fall.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘Catch Me’
104. “He was the realest, I was the realest, we were the realest. When he approached me, I asked him ‘What the deal is?” – Nicki Minaj, ‘All Eyes On You’
105. “I ain’t never need a man to take care of me.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘Truffle Butter’
106. “Let me make this clear, I’m not difficult, I’m just ’bout my business.” – Nicki Minaj, ‘All Things Go’
Also Read Kevin Gates Lyris Quotes!
Badass Nicki Minaj Quotes
107. “Maybe your weird is my normal. Who’s to say?”
108. “I don’t mind being called a weirdo.”
109. “I do have a few personalities. When people started making a big deal out of it, I started making names for these people.”
110. “If people are sitting in the barbershop talking about my butt, it’s conversational. That’s what people are gonna do.”
111. “Let Them Eat My A** Like A Cupcake”
112. “You a stupid hoe.”
113. “Once upon a time there lived a real bad bitch. The fuckin’ end.”
114. “Bitches ain’t shit, and they ain’t sayin’ nuthin’. A hundred muthafuckas can’t tell me nuthin’.”
115. “You’re not gonna tell me who I am. I’m gonna tell you who I am.”
Short Nicki Minaj Quotes
116. “Call it a curse, or just call me blessed, if you can’t handle my worst, you ain’t getting my best.”
117. “There’s nothing more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.”
118. “I don’t put cash in my Louis Vuitton wallet. I have it thrown around my bag – just a whole bunch of hundreds, maybe $5,000.”
119. “If I wasn’t winning, you wouldn’t care.”
120. “I’m in my lane, and you ain’t in my list.”
121. “I don’t need to Google myself.”
122. “No I’m not lucky, I’m blessed.”
Nicki Minaj just didn’t write those lines from somewhere else! Those are her life moments filled with joy, frustration, excitement, depression, and happiness. All these quotes from Nicki Minaj show why staying positive and focused help you make your point by doing what you do best.